Wednesday, November 21, 2012

In the kitchen...

I'll admit straight out that I'm an indifferent cook. I get easily annoyed by the day-in/day-out, normal, stand over the stove, daily dinner cooking. I have a list of a dozen or so things I don't mind making for dinner and I usually leave the more sophisticated cooking to my talented hubby.

I do however sometimes get into phases where I get obsessed with baking. All of a sudden I will get it into my head that I need to bake a loaf of bread, or a couple dozen cookies, or a cake, or whatever caught my eye (or my food craving...). It doesn't happen very often (better for my waistline, because the targets of my obsession are rarely lo-cal).

So luckily, my latest phase coincided with Thanksgiving this year. We are going over to the neighbors' house for dinner, and I figured if we are going to eat all their turkey and stuffing, we should bring them some dessert. So today, I am trying my hand at baking my very first cheesecake - but not a simple cheesecake, a Pecan Pie Cheesecake. Because, seriously?! Pecan pie AND cheesecake?

I just pulled the cheesecake out of the oven and it smells divine and looks pretty decent for a first try. But I'm not going to be able to taste it until tomorrow! Because even I'm not tacky enough to take a cake to a dinner party with a slice already cut out of it. So if it is a success tomorrow, I'll post the recipe and some pictures. Here's what it looks like right out of the oven. Not too shabby...


A slightly early Happy Thanksgiving to all! Hopefully I will be posting a little more regularly from now on. My life is slightly more interesting and shareable during the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment