Friday, February 8, 2013

In the library

It has been a pretty quiet few weeks in my house, with both my husband and me down with some sort of flu/cold/crud. I spent most of my time sitting around, alternating between sleeping, blowing my nose, and reading. Since the other two aren't really fit for blog topics, here's what I've been reading lately:



The Rivers of London Series by Ben Aaronovitch, starting with Midnight Riot - I really like these! They are a blend of crime/detective fiction and fantasy/sci-fi. The main character is a police officer who has been transferred to a special department of the London police force that deals with crimes of a magical nature. I like that they stand out from other current urban fantasy series - they are set in London, the main character is male (and black) and it is true urban fantasy, rather than paranormal romance (there is sex, but it's a bonus, not the focus).

In my pile to read next:


Eclectic enough? From the top is paranormal romance, historical fiction, historical non-fiction, and science fiction short stories. Hopefully I can get to all of these before I have to take them back to the library (unlikely, though... I think poor Bradbury is going to go back unread.)

No comments:

Post a Comment