Friday, December 6, 2013

Updates!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We went over to our neighbors' house for Thanksgiving dinner, which was fun. Then we made a "second Thanksgiving" meal (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans - the works!) on Black Friday because as fun as visiting someone else for Thanksgiving is, we really wanted turkey leftovers! We didn't go Black Friday shopping because crowds just push all my buttons, and the most strenuous thing we did was put of Christmas decorations. All in all, a wonderful holiday weekend!

First things first - an couple announcements! I will be at Studio 54 Furniture and Fine Art Gallery in Enumclaw, WA on December 14th from noon to 6 PM for with the gallery's two other jewelry artists for a trunk show. All of us will have our jewelry for sale and be giving demonstrations of how we create our pieces. The gallery will even wrap any jewelry purchased, perfect for Christmas!


And second announcement - the final day for U.S.-bound holiday orders from Miscellanea Etcetera is December 18th. Orders made after that date will be shipped out after Christmas.

As to what I've been up to, jewelry-wise, I've been busy making and packing up orders that came in over the holiday weekend, but I managed to finish a few new items as well.


It's not a great picture, and it needs a bit more polishing as well, but here is a Cherry Creek Jasper pendant I just finished.The stone is such a pretty pink color!

I also made a prototype spinner ring with three spinners, yellow and rose gold-fill and sterling. I think I'll probably keep it for myself for a while just to make sure I actually like the way the spinners work. I also made a very thick sterling silver ring that I am going to practice flush setting small faceted stones with.


Back to more stacking ring orders over the weekend, and hopefully a few "arty" pieces that I can take with me to the gallery trunk show!

No comments:

Post a Comment