Saturday, January 11, 2014

Early January Updates

Just a quick post to show off some of what I've been working on in January. The gallery that shows some of my work (Studio 54 in Enumclaw. Check them out if you are in the area!) is swapping out inventory so I'm trying to get some new artsy stuff made to send to them.

This filigree ball was just a little quickie project that I saw in the current issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist. I like how it turned out.


This is a fun bracelet with curved copper links connected with sterling rings and riveted on rhodonite circle beads. I found these beads a while back and just thought they would be perfect to try riveting to something.


This is a large brick red brecciated jasper with a coordinating colored leather and silk cord necklace. I even handcrafted the end caps from tube and wire.


And (almost) matching red jasper earrings. Very simple because they are larger stones and I didn't want them to get too heavy.


In non-jewelry doings, I managed to verrrrryyyy slowly haul my out of shape butt up to the top of Rattlesnake Ledge last weekend. Cemented the fact that I need to dust off the treadmill in the basement. Too bad I can't do jewelry and treadmill at the same time!


I also had my first casting class last Sunday. I think wax carving is kind of fun. The jury is still out as to whether I'm ever going to be any good at it, but it was something I wanted to learn. I go back again tomorrow. I'll make sure to take a few pictures of what I'm working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment