Saturday, April 20, 2013

What I've Been Up To - April 7 - April 20

Whew! I'm back from vacation and here's what I've been up to at my jewelry desk for the past few weeks...

I had a nice week of family vacation. My parents came out from the Midwest to visit me and my aunt in Portland. I took the train down to Portland for a few days to hang out with everybody at my aunt's house, then my parents and I took the train back up to Seattle and they stayed at our house for a few more days. We even had decent weather for most of the week too!

So I was away from my jewelry desk for most of the week, but that doesn't mean I was away from thinking about jewelry! My aunt in Portland is a fellow jewelry maker and took me to an awesome rock shop where I bought some great cabochons. I also received a bunch of boxes from suppliers while I was gone - with more cabochons, small rose-cut gems, and wire.

I came back from vacation and made what felt like a billion stacking rings for Etsy orders from the week that I was away. (Along with a bunch of knot earrings to match a previous bracelet order.)


Then I finally got a chance to make a new pair of earrings from my new gemstone hoard. Hammered fine silver hoops with labradorite stones. I'm hoping for some good lighting tomorrow to take pictures and get them listed in the shop.


And here's the rest of the hoard. Check out the flash on that labradorite teardrop cab! It was a bit of a splurge, but I have plans for an awesome pendant to put in the shop. I also drew up some sketches for a red agate and garnet pendant and a dragon's blood jasper and garnet pendant. Then I have a blue lace agate cab, two dark blue sodalite cabs (I'm thinking earrings), a rhodonite cab, a cab of some sort of banded agate, two rose-cut light blue topaz gems, four rose-cut amethysts (2 light purple, 2 pink) and a pair of half drilled pearls.


And that doesn't even include the big box of new wire that I haven't had a chance to play with. I'm really looking forward to making some great things next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment