Sunday, April 7, 2013

What I've Been Up To - March 31 - April 6

I'm late again! Here's an update on what I've been doing at my jewelry desk for the past week...

Not wanting to keep all of my eggs in one basket, I opened a shop on The Craftstar a little while ago (http://miscellaneaetcetera.thecraftstar.com/). I have been working on that and got a few sales already.

I made a pair of Hammered Disc and Pearl earrings in sterling silver - by special request for a friend of the family who saw them on Facebook.


I made a whole mess of stacking rings again this week. They seem to be very popular! Good thing they are fun to make.

I also ordered some small cabochon and rose cut gemstones from overseas for gemstone stacking rings. Now I just have to wait for them to get here in the mail! Why can't we have transporters or something like that. I'm way too impatient! Luckily a wire order I made will get here a lot faster. I decided to try out making rings with gold-fill wire and ordered some actual solid gold solder for them. Holy cow, gold is pricey! I only ordered 3 inches because of the sticker shock and let me tell you, I'm going to make that 3 inches last!

I also bought some silver clay. I'm going to try to make some small things that I can fire with my torch. We'll see how I do with it...

Next week is a vacation for me so I may not update - mostly because I won't be doing much worth updating about at my jewelry desk. I'll be in Portland for half the week, then my parents are coming up here to visit. We'll probably hit downtown Seattle and Mount Rainier, and that won't leave me much time for jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment